Friday, July 3, 2009

UNIQLO opened in Singapore 3 months ago.



I am behind time as usual.
Just got to know about this after visiting DJ Blink (of Lapsap)'s blog. Singapore is so lucky as usual, all the major Japanese retail chains will choose to open there. They've already got Muji and Graniph, and now Uniqlo!

I visited both Graniph and Muji when I was down there in Feb, Muji was fine (was tempted to buy their boston bag) but Graniph wasn't as impressive as its website suggested. I guess the selection of items brought over to our shores tend to cater more to the South East Asian, less adventurous tastes. Just like how a friend mentioned that H&M in Shanghai wasn't as good as the ones we were used to in Europe.

Hope the selection in Uniqlo would not dissapoint. On my list are nice slim chinos sold last year. And perhaps some UT's, too.

Would be looking forward to visiting Singapore at the end of this year, provided I don't come back a pauper after my Aussie trip this October.

Update: Upon seeing the pictures posted here, I have a gut feeling that I might be disappointed with Uniqlo Singapore? Place looks a bit more F.O.S than its counterparts in NYC or London. Nonetheless, it's what they sell that matters. Many H&M stores look unsavoury too.




On a related note,
I also hear of a new mall opening up in Singapore around these coming months called the ION Orchard? According to this blog here, they are going to house:
"Cartier, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Louis Vuitton and Prada. Burberry, Ermenegildo Zegna and Yves Saint Laurent....Christian Audigier, Dsquared2, Diane von Furstenberg, Harry Winston, Hilfiger Denim, Just Cavalli, Marc Jacobs and Vivienne Tam.....Bally, Miu Miu, Muji, Salvatore Ferragamo, Sephora, Thomas Sabo, Topshop/Topman, Uniqlo and Zara."
Typical luxury shopping mall fare. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment