Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Terry Fox Run KL 2009

Leaving my gym after a short swim (I am trying my utmost hardest to fit in at least 30 minutes of light exercise on my non-workout days), I saw the Terry Fox Run organizers setting up a stall at my gym lobby selling this year's run's T-shirts. I am hoping to make it to this year's run, but I can't confirm my attendance in case my weekend gets a bit crazy, or in case I can't find some friends to go with. So I decided to get the T-shirt beforehand in case I can't make it. Proceeds from it go towards cancer research.



In case you've been living under a rock, the Terry Fox Run is held annually worldwide in honour of its namesake who ran across Canada in the name of cancer research. The Malaysian leg of this run is going to be held this Sunday (Nov 1) at 9.00 am in the Lake Gardens. It's a charity run, meaning you can run as fast/slow as you want, wear whatever you want, and there's no registration required. You WILL be able to donate money though, and buy yourself a t-shirt for charity. Do show up to lend your support for cancer research. (click here for more information)

If you can't make it but wish to contribute, you can get your t-shirts at these places. If you're a Celebrity Fitness gym member, you might be lucky enough to get them from the gym lobby, like me.

Below is the event brochure I got from the stall. (Albeit a bit crumpled from my gym bag)

No comments:

Post a Comment